August 15th, 2022
Dear Crestview Heights Families:
We are ready to welcome students back and excited to imagine what a semi-typical year in school might look like in 2022-2023. While last year was incredible, having students and staff on a regular schedule, we still have ground to reclaim in our learning at every grade. We will be focused on closing some of the learning gaps by continuing to support our students with emotional support as we provide as many opportunities for learning and exploration as possible.
We will have some movement of staff to different grade levels and new staff to our building, bringing lots of experience to add to our team. While we have experienced change, we have great new talent, and without question, they have the energy for our small community and are willing to jump right in! One of our most significant changes is in the front office; we welcome Olivia Lee as our Office Manager. Ms. Jayme completed her requirements to become a teacher and will be teaching our kindergarteners this year. We were able to hire much of our new staff in the spring, allowing CVES to take advantage of the hiring pool. While we have experienced change, we have great new talent, and without question, they have the energy for our small community and are willing to jump right in!
New this year, our 5th and 6th-grade students will have additional time in the day to explore band and/or choir. This program will be directed by Mr. Belleque and will be a fantastic chance for our older students to explore instrumental or vocal music opportunities.
As we work our way back to involving families more, here are some opportunities to consider:
- Volunteer- we love our volunteers! Volunteers do need to meet all the district volunteer requirements found at: https://lincoln.k12.or.us/get-involved/volunteer/
- CVES Boosters- Much like a high school booster group, our group is looking to reboot post-pandemic. It will be focused on supporting our staff, showing them some love, and expanding our student program opportunities. Boosters could be a real school community builder!
- Site Council- If you are interested in the workings of a school, this could be for you! We will need parents and community representatives to help converse about how we are performing, how we manage our finances, and the general direction education is going at CVES- this could be you!
- Registration- Online Registration is open; if you are new to our building, documents can be dropped off during regular business hours. If you need help with the registration, we will have on-campus support from August 16-18.
- Open House 9/1/22- Meet the teachers from 5-7 pm. The High School Boosters will have a spaghetti dinner, and we will have over 20 community groups represented that provide youth opportunities.
We are excited to get this year underway and can not wait to see everyone!
Mike Gass, Principal Sandi Battles, Assistant Principal